Online Community Terms and Conditions
By Using the Facebook Group you agree to these terms and conditions (''the Terms'').
All messages are the opinions of the author(s) and are not the views or opinions of The New Neighborhood (''TNN'')
Notwithstanding any other provision of these Terms, nothing in these Terms shall operate to exclude TNN's liability for personal injury and/or death caused by its negligence.
You agree that:
- Use by you of the private Facebook Group is entirely at your own risk;
- You are responsible for the content of the messages you post and any consequences that flow from such posting(s);
- TNN will not be liable for any errors or omissions in any postings or for any loss or damages incurred as a result of the use of any information contained in the message boards;
- TNN makes no guarantee or gives warranty of any kind whatsoever (whether expressed or implied) in relation to your use of the private group or any use by any third parties; and
- TNN shall not be liable for any loss or damage (whether direct, indirect, consequential, financial or otherwise) arising from the use of (or in connection with) the private Facebook group or other messaging board(s).
Subject to the third paragraph of these terms in relation to TNN your sole and exclusive remedy for using the Facebook Group and/or any information contained on the same is to stop using the Facebook Group and/or any information contained on it/them.
TNN does not guarantee that the use of the Facebook Group by you will be uninterrupted, error-free, free from any third party interference or that the message board(s) will be free from computer viruses or other malicious software.
It is your responsibility to maintain sufficient procedures and virus checks (including anti-virus and other security checks) to satisfy your particular requirements for the accuracy of data input and output.
Any information disclosed on the Facebook Group may become public information.
For your own safety, you should not disclose personal information such as your email address, home address or telephone number (or any information which would identify you indirectly) on any message board(s).
You further agree not to do any of the following:
- Post any information that is unlawful, harmful, threatening, abusive, harassing, vulgar, profane, obscene, may cause personal distress, offensive, defamatory, false, libelous, hateful. racially, sexually or otherwise discriminatory or post any information that is otherwise (in the absolute discretion of TNN) objectionable;
- Impersonate any person or entity, or misrepresent your association with a person or entity;
- Promote or endorse any business or commercial goods, products or publication (including other websites)
- Post any information that may be invasive of another's privacy or violate the rights of any other member, or of any third party in any way;
- Post inflammatory messages;
- Post any content that infringes any patent, trademark or copyright of any party unless you have the permission to do so;
- Use the boards to encourage illegal and/or inappropriate behavior, to form or recruit members for distinct groups whose aims are to cause disruption, or to encourage others to do so;
- Use the Facebook Group to promote or provide instructional information about illegal activities or promote physical harm or injury against any group or individual;
- Post any information that would be in breach of a court order from a court of competent jurisdiction;
- Post any information that is confidential and/or commercially sensitive;
- Post any URLs or web links (to avoid doubt, TNN takes no responsibility for the content of any external URL or web link if posted in contravention of these Terms);
- Post the names of any individual (or identify any individual by any other means) in relation to (or in connection with) criminal accusations and/or any current criminal proceedings.
- Spoil, spam, impersonate or engage in any activity or behavior which TEM regard as objectionable and/or inappropriate.
If you are offended by a post or topic, please alert a moderator or staff member by sending a personal message or e-mail. Please do not use this Facebook Group if you simply disagree with what has been posted; if this is the case please post a reply stating your opposing opinion. When doing so do not make any personal attacks. If you disagree with another member of the boards or with a situation, state your case without attacking or insulting others, and treat others with respect.
The New Neighborhood reserves the right to:
- Modify the message boards from time to time, with or without notice, including the right to terminate the Facebook Group and all (or any of) its messages for any reason;
- Determine (in its absolute discretion) if any message or discussion is in violation of these Terms, and edit or remove any content that it considers does so;
- Prohibit and/or ban the posting of messages by any member at any time if they should violate these Terms, or for any other reasonable cause.
The Facebook Group will be subject to some form of moderation to ensure that all users are protected; this is not in place to stifle free expression but exists to ensure that the boards offer a safe environment that does not (amongst other things):
- Cause offense;
- Cause legal problems;
- Or endanger personal safety.
Facebook Group Membership
In order to participate in the Facebook Group you will need to be logged in and so will require a username and password; you can acquire these details by registering for an account. Any misuse of the boards or violation of these terms will result in your user account being suspended.
These terms are governed by law and you and TNN submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of US courts.
The failure or delay or TNN to exercise or enforce any right in these terms does not waive TNN's right to enforce that right.
If any of these terms are determined to be illegal, invalid, or otherwise unenforceable by reason of the laws of the United States, then to the extent permitted such illegal, invalid or unenforceable term(s) shall be severed and deleted from these terms and the remaining terms shall survive and continue to be binding and enforceable.